Thursday, May 10, 2012

Watching is Rewarded


Design - "Country Chicken" (kit)
Designer - Angel Stitchin'
Fabric - 28 count Shell linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 2 May 2012
Completed - 9 May 2012

This kit came complete with the frame.

Parvati has been keeping an eye on all things avian.

She thinks I've focused too much attention on the Evening Grosbeaks to the detriment of the Black Headed Grosbeaks.  This is a female.

My father cut the grass with his tractor a couple of days ago.  Now that the grass cuttings have dried, the Violet Green Swallows are swooping down and grabbing bits to use in their nest building.

Sorry Parvati, back to Evening Grosbeaks.
A guy...

A gal...

A gal and a guy...

Five guys and a gal!
I've now counted as many as 10 male Evening Grosbeaks.
Our mornings are noisy with their Grosbeak Gossip.

And here is a most unexpected visitor early Wednesday morning...

I saw two Lazuli Buntings.  Aren't they the prettiest birds?
I hope they stick around.

11 comments:

geeky Heather said...

Congrats on the finish; your chicken looks very happy with her stuffed sistren (why is that not a word?) That bunting is really stunning! I love the color on the swallow as well.

Barb said...

Love that chicken with that perfect frame! The birds are so amazing. I'm happy with just two grosbeaks! The Lazuli bunting is so beautiful. I have never seen one. Your bird photos are great!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Beautiful birds, stitched and real. I love the lazuli bunting, gorgeous colour.

Margaret said...

Love it!!! So cute! Love the cat bird watching too. lol!

Unknown said...

Love your finish, and I amazed at your bird pix. That Bunting really is a beautiful bird!

carol fun said...

Love the dotty chicken! It looks fine strutting its stuff - LOL!

The chicken stack is haunting my dreams - don't want to be a bother but if you could check the price the next time you're there I'd appreciate it. I thought I had found the store online but it wasn't the garden shop.I don't think they have an online site.

Thanks so much!

Carol said...

What a fun finish, Beth--that frame really is the perfect accent for it...

Oh, my--I think I have a new favorite bird! That Luzuli Bunting is so precious--how lucky you are to have them in your yard!

Linda said...

Your chicken finish is so cute...love the frame and the birds pictures are wonderful! I think I have bird envy...the grosbeaks only come by here for a day or two on their way North...I never got a single picture...just a few glimpses! have a great day!!

Lainey said...

Your chicken finish is just too cute Beth! I can;t wait to see your other chooks this month.
Beautiful bird pics.

Chris said...

I love this chick and the rest of the birds are wonderful too :)

Melanie said...

Cute!!!!!! That's awesome that it came with a frame too.