Saturday, May 15, 2010

Be Merry - Christmas in May


Peonies at Lane County Farmers' Market

Yes, Christmas in May.  Or at least, a winter theme - with a May finish.  I began this piece back in February and all was good until I realized I did not have The Thread Gatherer's Silk 'n Colors in Belvedere Garden.  So I ordered it along with several charts and a couple piece of fabric.  One of the linens I ordered was a Lakeside linen and it was back-ordered, so the entire order was delayed and I finally got it a couple of days ago.  

I think it was worth the wait though - I love the variegated look of the snowman's stocking cap.      

Design - Be Merry
Designer - Val's Stitchin' Stuff
Magazine - Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2006
Fabric - 25 count Moss Green Lugana
Fibers - WDW, Hat - Belvedere Gardens
Started - 20 February 2010
Completed - 14 May 2010


This morning was a fun morning.  My sister set up the tables and banner for the Lane County Dahlia Society's final fundraising tuber sale.  They were to "open" at 9:00am, but had customers waiting by 8:40am.


We then went to the Lane County Farmers' Market...and the food...oh, the food!  What a great place for breakfast!
  

My sister had the Andouille Sausage Hash...
I had a breakfast burrito with eggs, potatoes, cheese, sausage and sour cream! Yumm!  We then stood in the long line for Hideaway Bakery so we could purchase pain au chocolate.

There were lovely flowers like the peonies at the top of my post.  Also wonderfully colorful veggies - carrots and beets...

Radishes and leeks...

Our last stop - Down to Earth.  I bought four more bags of organic potting soil, and I must confess, not one, but two more flats of plants!  I am addicted to spring - that's all there is to it. 

No comments: