Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bee Skeps

"The 'B' Hive Samplar by Examplers from the Heart

Earlier in July so I rummaged in my stash of finished pieces and unearthed four bee skeps to frame. Capper's in Eugene does wonderful finishing. As you might know not everyone is happy to work with linen or for that matter even competent. There is nothing worse than a framed piece of needlework that has not been stretched properly. All the eye can see are the wavey lines! Capper's has an associate named Brian who shows great respect for needlework. He also has an amazing eye and comes up with fabulous frames and mats. I am always blown away by just how 'professional' my stitching looks after it has been framed.

"Saturday Sampler #4 - Furnish'd with Bees" by The Sampler Girl

"For the Bees" by Ewe and Eye and Friends


"Summer Hive" by Ewe and Eye and Friends
I already have three or four other framed bee skep / bee hive pieces, and so now possess a very nice collection. I need to figure out where and how to display them!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

hello!

love all your beautiful bee skeps. and how fortunate for you to have a good framer. happy stitching
Dianne
Canada