Thursday, August 5, 2021

Great Summer Birds


You might remember that a couple of years ago I stitched a bird calendar series by The Little Stitcher.  When I saw this "Water Guardians" chart on her Etsy website I knew that it was something I wanted to stitch.  I've chosen to do it on 32 count Vintage Mocha rather than the white polka dot linen featured.

After hearing Purple Martins for 10 days or so, I finally got see them!

Immature bird

Adult female

Adult male at the top

Here the trio back-lit

Singing up a storm

Ready for take off!

And this is another bird I've hearing in the evening for several weeks now.  

A Western Wood Peewee! 

Look at the bill - he's calling!

He was not that close in so photos are a bit blurry.  Still it was good to finally see him.

2 comments:

MaryO said...

What lovely pics! Your stitch looks fabulous. Purple Martin's!😃😃😃😃

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful bird stitch you have picked to work on, Beth. Look forward to seeing your progress!