Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cold Tonight So a Busy Day



Weather warning for a hard frost tonight.  That jump-started me!
Time for the fall clean up.  So I worked from 11:00am until 4:00pm and managed to get most everything done that needed to be done.
Carted over three dozen or more plants to the garage to be over-wintered...salvias and fuchsias mostly.  I cut back perennials and hardy fuchsias.

Above you can see an example of my "red neck" gardening style. 
This Henry Weinhard's beer display is just the ticket to over-wintering sedums, hens and chicks, and the like.  I have four shelves and it holds plethora of plants.  I have it on the south side of the house well under the eves.  The plants should do well there.  
   


Above is my original sedum, agave, hens and chicks, etc display rack.  All tidied up and ready for winter.
I am tired and sore - signs of a good day's work!


1 comment:

stitcherw said...

Congratulations on finishing Scaredy Cat and Bernard, they look great. I hadn't seen Scaredy Cat before, I think I may need to get him. Your new start This is the Day will be lovely. It's getting colder here too, winter is on its way in I fear, summer was way to short.

BTW, you left a note on how I format so the comments show below the post, I'm not sure. I used a standard templete and didn't change anything. I don't have a clue how to do much on the blog as far as programming, so pretty much leave that part of it alone. Sorry can't be of more help.
Sue