Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Further Signs of the Season - A Good Day

I had several errands to take care of yesterday, so I went downtown and stopped in at Down to Earth on 5th Street.  They had the first violas and pansies of the season and I bought three or four.  These lovely flowers allow me to embrace the changing seasons. 
The Tuesday Farmers' Market was in full swing too - a pleasant surprise for me because I am not often in town during the week.  I had a wonderful buffalo bacon burger with bleu cheese and onions from Field to Table and I bought pan au chocolate from Eugene City Bakery.  Yummy! I did not have my camera which was a shame as the food displays are so vibrant this time of year. I did  pick up fresh corn, spinach, fingerling potatoes, and onions.  Most of that will be served tonight with albacore from the Oregon coast.  Sometimes eating locally is no hardship!   

No comments: